Saturday, December 24, 2011

Stir Fried Tofu

I get weird looks when I tell my friends I'm making tofu for dinner.

They have no idea how yummy and delicious it is ! It just depends on how you really prepare this lovely soft white block of goodness. Yeah? Yeah..




Stir Fried Tofu adapted from torviewtoronto.
2 tbsp oil
1 pkt (about 400g) tofu cut into 1" cubes
4 to 6 green onions chopped
1/2 tsp grated garlic
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp sugar ( I used Turbinado ) 
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce 

Using a mortar and pestle grind the peppercorns and sugar, keep aside.
Heat oil fry the tofu until all sides are golden. Add the green onion, ginger and garlic and toss it with the tofu. Then add the pepper, sugar, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Coat the tofu and serve hot. This can be eaten on its own, as a side, mixed with rice or noodles or used as a filling for savories like spring rolls.



No comments:

Post a Comment